Thursday, March 5, 2009

I guess I have to have a first entry at some point...

     So this is my first post to this thing called a blog. I don't know what I think about this concept. Usually when I sit down to write my thoughts, it's in the form of a journal entry, and usually I do not want other people to read my journal entries. So with that said, I hope you bear with me as I transition to this new world of blogging. I am not sure who will have the most entries,  Josh or I. I tend to just "write", Josh tends to write very well, creatively, and poetically, which means it takes him a bit longer, but it also means it is higher quality, I suggest you savor his entries. Feel free to enjoy mine as well, just know that they may have been submitted in a quicker fashion :). If there are any mistakes in grammer, spelling, (oh, this thing has a spell check, it told me I spelled grammar wrong) or intelligibility just blame it on my southeastern KY roots, remember I'm a mountain girl at heart. With that said, I am very much looking forward to sharing what is happening in the J Carters' lives with you. There is some exciting stuff up ahead! 
 
Here is the rough schedule of events for those interested:

March 7th- Connect the Docs- The UK Medical and Dental Students are hosting an event to attempt to connect the Christian Physicians and Dentists in Lexington, KY to CMDA and develop mentoring relationships with the students so that they will better learn how to live as a follower of Christ in their profession. Josh has been given the honor to MC this event. 
March 14th- We leave for Kenya!!!!! We are leaving to serve at Tenwek hospital in Bomet, Kenya for two months. Josh will be working with the MDs and I will be working in the Physio dept. www.tenwek.org
March 19th- We find out the Match! Finally we will know where we will spending the next 5 years of our lives. It will also be where we need to find a house in the first couple of weeks after we return from Kenya. 
May 9th- We return from Kenya. 
May 16th- Josh graduates and gains a MD behind his name!
June 1st- We will be in the process of moving to our new home/city/season of life!

Of course, we plan on sharing the exciting details of each of these events here on this blog as often as possible and w/ pics. Feel free to pray for us during this eventful time and check back often for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment